Wow! For the first time ever, i think, I dodged a real doozy of a bullet.
Have you ever gone to bed pissed off about something, only to wake up still really peeved? It’s NOT a great way to start the day.
That was me today. I could feel the angst from last night’s argument about cleaning chores building up in me as I slowly gained consciousness.
Normally, I would give into the building feelings and create a great big vortex of anger, frustration and wanting to continue the argument from where we left off! Ooh! All at 7:00 in the morning!! I could feel the blood starting to boil in my veins!
And, although I had a great day the previous day, I was starting to feel like I missed a key component to maximizing my speaking experience–another rabbit hole that I KNEW I didn’t want, nor could I go down for sake of my sanity and success.
I was really ready for an anger-“I’m right-you’re wrong/I-missed-my-opportunity pity party!!
But alas, I am more evolved now, and my speaking engagement on Mindfulness the day before reminded me that going down that rabbit hole was a useless, exercise, even if it did feel “good” in a sick sort of way. I know you know what I mean!
It was like watching a near miss car wreck. It didn’t happen, but it almost did! Whew!
So what did I consciously do to avert my attention? I did the following:
I sat with my dog in my “happy” spot in our house and listened to two calming morning meditations. These reminded me that
- Everything always works out (which it really does)
- Today is a new day-let go of expectations (whew! That feels so good-just go with the flow)
- Everyone, including me, is doing the very best that we can. I’m not bad, or incapable of success
The next thing I did was put on some essential oils.
- I love patchouli and need it for grounding, so I put a drop on the back of my neck.
- Next, I used Cheer, because I was feeling VERY sorry for myself. Cheer is like having a friend tell you all the awesome things about you.
Those really helped!! The last thing I knew I needed to do is work of some of this pent up adrenaline. Get it out of my system! I could feel it sitting in my gut, just waiting for something to blow up at. So instead of getting on that “black disc”, I went to the gym to work out to my Happy playlist.
When we become conscious enough to stop bad behavior, it affects everything!!
- Family: I could have continued a major disruption in my marriage relationship, and family (cuz my kids would see how I reacted too, and ruined there days too!)
- Finances: I could have continued to fuel those feelings of failure, which I know are total bull shit but that has been my victim pattern in the past (which gets me absolutely nowhere)
- Faith: instead of disconnecting, I plugged into my soul voice for guidance as to what is really true.
- Fitness: instead of letting those anger hormones fester, I worked it off in a healthier way.
I avoided a collision with myself. I felt the rumble strips on the side of the road and got back in my lane! I didn’t drive into the ditch.
The feeling of acknowledging your own growth is incredibly powerful.
Are you ready to change how you react to life?
You are amazing! Claim it today!!